Tuesday 5 April 2011

Ouch!

I have been following my Moonwalk training plan which meant that on Saturday I set out with my Mum to walk 12 miles. She had chosen a lovely route through the countryside and the weather was beautiful which was a nice surprise!
My mum looking pretty in pink!
The ducks, geese etc at Hanningfield Reservoir
I didnt realise how hard it would be to walk 12 miles but I can assure you that it was very hard - I am now getting worried about walking the full 26 in May! If you are squeemish turn away now as this is a photo of the gross blister I ended up with:
Suffice to say that I didn't end up going out partying on Saturday night as I had planned :-(  Luckily my lovely Dad has offered to buy me some proper walking trainers rather than the ones I am wearing now - although they are good running trainers Im hoping that my new walking ones will make a difference. I've gone with the Salomon Exit Peak Trainers which are recommended by Nina who is the lady who started the Moonwalk in the first place. They are not the most stylish but hopefully they will do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment